Wednesday, May 30, 2012

DIY Body Scrub

Ok, so a while ago my body scrub ran out and I was really in need of one. I decided to look up how to make my own one. My searches led me here. I am going to tell you how to do it below (a more simplified version), but you can also just look at the link.


Do It Yourself- Body Scrub
Time needed:
10 minutes

Materials:
salt or sugar
oil
a bowl
essential oils (optional)
a spoon

Procedure:
To start, you want 1 part oil and two parts sugar or salt. (1:2; 2:4; etc) Place sugar or salt in a container then add the oil. Mix with a spoon. 
If you would like your scrub to smell "divine" add a few drops of essential oil. 

Notes:
    • Sugar can be more gentle than salt. If you have extremely sensitive skin, I would use dark brown sugar.
    • For the oil you can use a basic baby oil, coconut oil, almond oil, vegetable oil, etc.
    • Don't be worried if the salt settles to the bottom. It is impossible to prevent this.
    • When using- take a spoonful of the mixture and rub a dub dub all over your body (:
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment